Would your business benefit from harnessing the power of high speed servers without the cost of buying and maintaining your own? If so, then managed VPS hosting might be the solution you have been looking for.
What is VPS Hosting?
A virtual private server (VPS) is a virtual machine sold as a service by an Internet hosting service. Your virtual machine has its own copy of an operating system. You can install almost any software on it that is compatible with that operating system.
For many purposes a VPS is functionally equivalent to a dedicated physical sever. However, as they are software-defined, it is much easier for you to create and configure a VPS than a physical sever.
A VPS is much cheaper than a dedicated physical sever but as they share the underlying physical hardware with other VPS users, performance may be lower, and may depend on the workload of others on your server.
However, you can decrease the cost and increase performance by using VPS Server Hosting. Let me explain how.
With VPS hosting (sometimes called managed cloud VPS hosting), your sever sits in the Cloud. It is managed and maintained for you remotely by your VPS provider.
If you choose VPS hosting, your company avoids the capital outlay for a server and you don’t need to employ IT staff or a contractor to support it. Also you don’t have to keep your server cool (they can get very hot) or physically secure (from theft, damage and interference from unauthorised personnel).
With managed VPS hosting, your updates and backups are done for you. Your data is also backed up on another server in case one fails or in the unlikely event that it is destroyed (e.g. in a fire).
All this greatly reduces the cost of using a server. Also with VPS hosting you can pay to get the higher speeds that you need and can be allocated more of the host server’s processing power. This gives you the ultimate in flexibility.
Your best option is to use UK VPS hosting- i.e. the server you use is physically located in the UK. This has many advantages:
- Your data stays in the UK and remains subject to UK laws
- You have a faster access speed (as it is physically closer to you, your data has a lower transmission time)
- Security is paramount (the physical security of servers in the UK is higher than in some other countries)
There are a number of options you need to consider with VPS hosting including:
- Fully Managed VPS Hosting (where everything is looked after for you)
- Managed Linux VPS (a VPS with the Linux operating system)
- Managed Windows VPS (a VPS with the Microsoft operating system)
- Free VPS (you can get free VPS hosting if you have limited storage needs and don’t require fast processing speeds)
- VPS hosting with cpanel (the perfect solution for those using their VPS server to host a web site)
We can help you with all of these and we even offer cheap managed VPS hosting.
For all your VPS hosting needs, why not contact us 0121 222 0500 and talk to one of our advisors who will help you find the best option for your business.